The Bare Bone Essentials of Running Your Cleaning Business
Today, we’re chatting with Kristan Presley!
Kristan, like many entrepreneurs in Cleaning Nation, feels like she can clean but doesn’t feel like she understands anything else about the business. And hey… that is not a problem at all. In fact, being brand new to running a business is not an obstacle to making tons of money, acuiring new clients, and running a thriving janitorial company.
The REAL obstacle here is your mindset.
You might feel overwhelmed. You might feel there is SO much going on that you’ll never win this endless uphill battle. Well, take a step back and let’s look at what we’re really doing here.
Whenever those feelings of overwhelm hit me, I like to step back and water everything down to their simplest forms. Let’s ask ourselves, what does it really take to a run a business?
Resource Alert: How to Build the Confidence and Trust to Hire High Quality Cleaning Employees https://www.growmycleaningcompany.com/hire-high-quality-employees/
Well, at the end of the day there are 3 things every business is doing or attempting to do. These 3 things are not limited to just the cleaning business either, it goes for every single business that has ever existed or ever will exist. Those 3 things are:
- Selling: Actually promoting, marketing and acquiring customers that pay you for your service or product.
- Fulfilling the Service: Whether it is cleaning someone’s office or shipping a product someone bought from your warehouse. After the selling is done, it is time to fulfill the service.
- Account for it: At the end of the day, every business needs to know where the money is going and how their Profit & Loss is looking like. The nice thing about cleaning businesses is that it is pretty simple to look at your revenue and expenses compared to other businesses, such as car dealerships.
The next essential thing to running your business is mastering systems. We want to build a leveraged asset for ourselves, not a job. In order to do that, we need to become creators of systems that give us leverage.
There are just two main systems you need to focus on for your cleaning business:
- Employee Systems: These systems attract top tier talent to your business and also help keep that talent working for you day in and day out.
- Client Systems: These systems attract top tier clients in the exact niche you’re targeting. These systems should also help you retain clients for the long haul.
These systems should be working for you constantly. It is better to have an overflow of quality employees applying and clients asking to hire you than to have shut off the systems where you risk going “bone dry” where you have neither.
When you have both systems working in tandem, you’ll be able to scale employees or clients almost at will to meet your business’s demands.
Resource Alert: Commercial Janitorial Advertising that Works Every Single Time https://www.growmycleaningcompany.com/commercial-janitorial-advertising/
At the end of the day, someone who is the most successful tend to seek out the MOST mentorship. While people who do the least amount of growth and see the least amount of success tend to “know it all” and seek no mentorship from anyone.
Don’t be the latter, be the former.
If you always remain the student, you will always learn and grow. Even someone who has zero business skills can pick them up over time.
What’s the biggest mistake you’ve made in the cleaning business we can all learn from?.
Selling myself too short.
Have any questions? Leave a comment below!